Fish is one of the most favorite foods throughout the world. We love different fish. We eat it in any form and it pleases us with its unique taste. We eat boiled, stewed, fried, roasted, salted, marinated, smoked and even raw fish.
The main thing is that you choose quality fish. If you don`t know where to buy it, we can recommend to buy fish on Jiji. Jiji is one of the largest Nigerian marketplaces. The website hosts a great variety of ads from real people. It has a great reputation, so you can be sure about the safety of transactions you make.
There are many people who prefer fish to meat. Even some vegetarians eat fish, knowing that fish is very beneficial for their health.
It contains vitamins A, D, E, calcium, iodine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium and zinc.
Just like chicken, fish contains high quality protein that is well digested by human body. In turn, it contains almost all necessary essential amino acids.
The benefits of eating fish:
– saturation of the body high quality protein;
– normalization of blood clotting functions;
– lowering cholesterol in blood;
– normalization of thyroid function and prevention of diseases;
– improvement of vision;
– normalization of nervous system, improvement of memory, sleep, decreasing irritability;
– increases the duration of life;
– improvement of condition of skin, hair, nails, bones and teeth;
– normalization of metabolism;
– helps to prevent cardiovascular diseases and strengthen the cardiovascular system;
– fish does not cause weight gain, even fatty fish due to its unsaturated fatty acids does not contribute to weight gain, moreover, you can lose weight eating it, so nutritionists often advise eating boiled or baked fish to those who want to lose weight.
How to eat fish?
Fish is best eaten boiled, this way it retains maximum of nutrients. It is better to cook steamed fish, but you can also cook it in a small amount of water. It is also useful to eat baked fish. Marinated, smoked, salted and dried fish will be useful for you if it is precise and properly cooked, and the risk of infestations will be minimal.
How to choose fish?
Fresh fish should have a pleasant specific smell, it should not be unpleasant and pungent. The flesh of the fish should not be loose, it must be firm and quickly recover its form when you press on it with your finger. Fish meat color may vary depending on the type of fish (it can be white, translucent, red-orange, pinkish-red), but it should not be green or yellow.