Investing in energy efficient appliances will surely repay when you receive the bills next month. If you decided to update your home with a couple of eco – friendly devices, you should have in mind some things. If you feel confused and overwhelmed by the many possibilities out there, you are not alone. If you are torn up between your budgets and environmentally sound solutions, you can now cut the drama. Here are some good reasons why you should ditch the conventional appliance and go green.
• Washing the dishes is one of the most annoying but necessary and needed house cleaning activities. Certified dishwashers use up 10 % less electricity than their counterparts. The solution is to buy a device with different wash cycles. In this way the energy – efficient dishwasher will use only the needed amount of water.
• Before buying, get informed. You should know how to recognize the eco – friendly devices. Look only for the certified items, because these are the one that will help you save money. Otherwise you might spend a lot on something that simply doesn’t save energy. Usually these products have an Energy Star tag. This is a major system that rates the energy efficiency of different appliances – from refrigerators to dishwashers and air purifiers. In order for a product to be approved, it must pass various tests and to meet certain requirements. Since most appliances have similar physical features, the Energy Star is a good way to differentiate the energy – efficient items from their counterparts.
• You don’t need to be a green activist in order to buy energy – efficient refrigerator. But you will be amazed by the amount of electricity you will save with this appliance. It will reduce up to $200 dollars per year, especially when combined with an Energy Star freezer. It is better if you choose a refrigerator without icemaker or dispensers. After all it’s not that big of sacrifice. Despite their energy efficiency, most of them constitute threat for the environment because of the carbon emissions. Some manufacturers took measures to limit or remove these disadvantages.
• Washing machines are one of big household energy “vampires.” The benefits of these devices are that they have sensors that monitor the process and help determine the proper washing method. These devices have shorter wash cycles and are quieter. Cleaning as many clothes as possible with one load will also save energy. That is why you should pick a device with a large tube.
• Air purifiers are essential, especially when we live in such polluted environment. These portable appliance can save up to 40% compared to their counterparts, if they are Energy Star certified.
• Preserve the life of your appliances by cleaning them regularly. Did you know that removing the coils of your refrigerator can increase its efficiency?
Upgrading your appliances is beneficial not only for you, but also for the environment. The energy efficient products are a little bit more costly, but they are worth the expenses. In a long run they will result in saving sufficient amount of money.